Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Things that make you go.....blog?

My three faithful readers have gotten hostile, and since I am concerned for my safety, I will blog to shut you up. I do appreciate the demands, though.


I'm still in a depressed panic about not having a job. Unemployment is getting ready to run out, and I feel completely worthless. Because of my sitiuation, I've been slightly obsessed with the idea of "going off the grid;" people who do not work and choose a simplier life. Of course this is all fun and good to read about, until the fall fashion magazines start arriving in my mailbox.


Which, by the way, is driving me INSANE, because fall is the favorite fashion season of any red-blooded woman out there. Not only do I not have money to splurge on lovely new clothes, I have nowhere to wear them, which is killing me. KILLING ME. I've started dressing up just to put gas in my car.


It's always that way. When I had a job that required me to wear a suit, I looked like shit the rest of the time, and refused to even dress up for parties. And when I had a job where I could work from home, I started dressing up to go to McDonald's.


I have bigger issues than that at the moment, such as whether or not I can get a job in time to renew the lease on my apartment. After a big depression about 3 years ago that resulted in my moving in with roommates for a year, I've found a nice balance once again of having friends and living by myself. I've learned I'm happiest when it's just me and the cats, but I also learned that living with roommates is a hell of a lot cheaper, although it does give my cats a few nervous tics.


EDIT: Here's one of the blogs I'm reading of a man living "off the grid." I believe he uses public libraries to do his blog postings. Whether you agree with him or think he's insane, you can't deny he definitely can make you think. Ok, so he makes me think.


http://zerocurrency.blogspot.com/



7 comments:

  1. I figured I should stop lurking and increase your number of followers to a veritable mob of 4.

    Good luck, my friend. You can always come visit us in Pittsburgh if you want to stretch your legs for a weekend or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to have another follower, and admittedly a little worried that you may turn on me as well. :o)

    I may take you up on the offer to stretch my legs in your city for a weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe I called "dibs" on you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I might or might not have a couple contacts to look for employment depending on what city you're currently in. I'm assuming either Lafayette or Indy...

    Let me know and I'll get you some phone numbers. Or emails. Or however you'd be contacting them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Via carrier pigeon? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, if you want your cats to do something productive for once and hunt the bastard down, the pigeon will be arriving shortly. You'd best train them not to eat the message though...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always have a tent to call home over here. You know this. The cats...well what's three more! We'll just bring'em in, the mr. will adjust. :)
    A

    ReplyDelete