Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I will also pay to be slapped*

For the second time in my life, I have gone to a salon, requested a hair cut, and been denied. Or more exactly, been told, "oh no, you should grow your hair long," and then paid a lot of money for someone to basically run a comb through my hair (which, let's be honest, I don't do that, so I guess there is some benefit).


I'm not sure where this falls on the spectrum between "you are so ugly you should hide that face with as much hair as possible, and add some more to it just to be safe," and "I, the stylist, whom you will pay lots of money to, am hung-over beyond belief and pissed that you booked a 9 a.m. appt. I can barely see the numbers on the clock, let alone try to figure out how to use sharp objects around your head without bodily harm. Just let me tell you you're pretty, and tip me well."


I tried to be pleasant while I was there, but when I get home and realized I paid to look the same I almost took scissors to my hair. Instead, I decided to be rational, and called the salon back up, asking, "bang trims are free, right?" Oh sure, I don't want bangs, I had wanted a bob, but you know, at least I'm getting something for my money.


*Actually happened. I had a gift card at a salon and got a "facial" that involved being hit (they referred to it as "tapped") repeatedly in the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment