Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Hmm..

I bought a can of bean dip the other night. That alone isn't so remarkable, but I ate most of it. The problem really began the next morning when I put on a pair of control-top tights. I don't know about anyone else, but when I wear a control top to keep things nice and sucked in my gut gets a little angry. After lunch it was especially pissed and I knew it wanted some room to "breathe."

At the end of the day I had an appt with a chiropractor. Once in his office I quickly changed out of the tights into a pair of yoga pants. My stomach seemed quite pleased that it was no longer restricted, and made a happy gurgle. And I thought all was well.

A few minutes later I was lying on my side, while the doctor told me to take a deep breath and relax. As I did so and he leaned forward to squash the hell out of my back, I realized I was a little "too relaxed." A split second before he adjusted me, I knew what was going to happen, and I had a choice. I could tense up and probably end up injured by the doctor, or I could just let go and let God.

And by god, did I let one rip.

1 comment: